- Dan Giese is a possibility. He had some success as a starter in AAA and has been pretty good as Joba's shadow. Joba likely doesn't need him anymore, as he is now fully integrated into the rotation.
- Dan McCutchen. The Yanks might want to give the 26 year old more time at AAA, but he currently has a 3.62 ERA and 1.21 WHIP. He pitched a shutout last night.
- Jeff Marquez. He struggled early but has since turned it around, and is coming off a very nice start.
- Alan Horne. If he hadn't been injured, he would have been called up when Hughes got hurt, instead of Darell Rasner. However, the Yankees may want to give him more time to recover, as he has only made three starts in AAA since returning. He does have a 3.44 ERA and 18 strikeouts in 18.1 innings.
- Kei Igawa (shudder). 3.73 ERA and a 1.13 WHIP, but please, no. Just no.
Sunday, June 15, 2008
As you all already know, Chien-Ming Wang injured his foot today while running the bases today. While it is unlikely that it is a lisfranc injury (a la Brian Bruney) he probably will not be able to avoid a DL stint, which means the Yankees will need to use a replacement pitcher at least three times. Who should that replacement be?