The Yankees pulled off another win tonight scoring 7 vs the O's and only giving up 4. They lost Joba in the 1st inning due to a knee injury. Cano s
macked a bullet of a home run and knocked in a couple, he was the Yankees main offensive player in this one. The Pen did a OK job shutting it down. Here are a few game notes:
- Girardi saw Joba walking around the clubhouse. He said the bruising wasn’t that bad as of tonight and said he was “hopeful” Joba will make his next scheduled start.
- Damon didn’t take BP today. Girardi said he is day to day also. They’ll make a determination about whether or not he plays tomorrow afternoon before the game.
- Coke was only available in an emergency tonight but Joe wanted to stay away from him. He expects him to be available tomorrow.
- Damon collided with the left-field wall while trying to make a play on Jones' homer in the fifth inning.
- Chien-Ming Wang (hips) is slated to make his third rehab start for Triple-A Scranton/Wilkes-Barre on Friday night at Pawtucket.