Sunday, January 24, 2010
Wednesday, August 6, 2008
Update 5:31: It's over, Chris B Young just doubled to left with two outs in the eighth. Still, what the hell?
Wednesday, June 11, 2008
12. RHP Luke Greinke (Auburn)
17. SS Addison Maruszak (South Florida)
18. RHP Brandon Braboy (Indianapolis)
20. RHP Patrick Venditte (Creighton)
22. RHP Corey Arbiso (Cal State Fullerton)
23. 2B Ryan Wilkes (Kentucky)
24. 3B Michael Lyon (Northeastern)
25. C Jeff Nutt (Arkansas-Fayetteville)
28. RF Chad Gross (Cuesta JC)
31. INF Guy Lucian (Princeton)
34. RHP Brad Rulon (Georgia Tech)
35. RHP Andy Shive (Azusa Pacific)
39. 1B Erik Lovett (Mt. Olive College)
42. LHP Clint Preisendorfer (San Diego Christian)
47. RHP Ryan Flannery (Fairleigh Dickinson)
Thursday, February 28, 2008
Monday, January 28, 2008
In other news The Captain held the fifth annual Derek Jeter Celebrity Golf Classic at the Avila Golf & Country Club in Tampa. The golf tournament included 26 foursomes and more than 25 friends and fellow celebrities such as Jorge Posada, Don Zimmer, Tino Martinez, Michael Jordan, Ken Griffey Jr., Morgan Freeman, Greg Anthony, Allan Houston, Annika Sorenstam, and Natalie Gulbis.
D.J. had this to say
"It means a lot to have so many different people come out and give their support," said Jeter, who took ceremonial putts with each foursome as they made their way through the 17th hole. "It's pretty special to have all these celebrities take the time out of their busy schedules to come out here and show that they care."
Wednesday, January 23, 2008
In other news: The (Devil) Rays locked up James Shields with a very creative contract. Take note Yankees. Also, the Mets are now the frontrunners for Johan Santana, pretty much because they're still interested.
While their streak of AL East titles ended at nine, the Yankees wound up with a record payroll of $218.3 million.
The World Series champion Boston Red Sox were a distant second at $155.4 million, according to information received by clubs from the commissioner's office. The Los Angeles Dodgers were third at $125.6 million, followed by the New York Mets ($120.9 million), Chicago Cubs ($115.9 million), Seattle ($114.4 million), Los Angeles Angels ($111 million), Philadelphia ($101.8 million), San Francisco ($101.5 million) and the Chicago White Sox ($100.2 million).
In addition to the largest payroll, the Yankees have the highest revenue in the majors. New York took in $415 million last year, giving about $100 million of it away in the sport's revenue-sharing plan.
Both the Yankees and New York Mets will receive revenue boosts in 2009, when they move into new stadiums.
Friday, January 11, 2008
Thursday, January 10, 2008
Tuesday, January 8, 2008
- Andy Pettitte has hired Sammy Sosa's lawyer, Jay Reisinger, for his congressional hearing on steroids. Looks like his strategy will be to pretend he can't speak english.
- Miguel Cairo has signed with the Mariners to a one-year deal. I'm surprised the Dodger's didn't sign him so he can play every position on the field and not hit.
Monday, January 7, 2008
- Clemens sues McNamee for defamation- Clemens claimed the statements in the Mitchell Report were "untrue and defamatory.
- Baseball America's Top 10 Yankee Prospects- Heres the List
1. Joba Chamberlain, rhp
2. Austin Jackson, of
3. Jose Tabata, of
4. Ian Kennedy, rhp
5. Alan Horne, rhp
6. Jesus Montero, c
7. Jeff Marquez, rhp
8.Brent Gardener, of
9.Ross Ohlendorf, rhp
10.Andrew Brackman, rhp
There are also some other interesting things at Baseball America Yankee Prospects
- Clemens Press Conference-Roger Clemens is holding a live press conference on ESPN 2 now live from ESPN.com Check it Out
Saturday, January 5, 2008
As an aside, Shane Spencer has been named hitting coach of the Padres A-ball affiliate.
Friday, December 28, 2007
Former Yankee hero Jim Leyritz was arrested this morning in Ft. Lauderdale, Florida on charges of DUI and DUI manslaughter. He ran a red light while driving drunk and collided with another car, killing a woman. Ouch. Hate to see something like this happen. Leyritz has always been a fan favorite and something like this really hurts.