Friday, February 20, 2009
Monday, June 16, 2008
Sunday, April 13, 2008
Monday, March 24, 2008
Beautiful words from the Yankees front office. The greatest sports team in the world has exceeded 3.8 million tickets sold for the '08 season and they are the earliest club to do so, the current tally is 400,000 tickets ahead of the Yankees’ total on the same date last year.
“Even with historic advance sales, tickets remain available for most games,” said Yankees Chief Operating Officer Lonn Trost. “I encourage fans to join us at Yankee Stadium throughout 2008 to celebrate the 84th and final season of Baseball at The House That Ruth Built.”
Looks the Yankees won't have any trouble funding the new stadium
(Sorry about the shortage of posts.....Spring Training isn't very eventful and we have been busy)
Wednesday, February 27, 2008
INDIVIDUAL-GAME TICKETS FOR THE NEW YORK YANKEES’ FINAL REGULAR SEASON AT THE CURRENT YANKEE STADIUM ON SALE BEGINNING FRIDAY, FEBRUARY 29
Individual tickets for 2008 New York Yankees regular season home games—in what is the final regular season at the current Yankee Stadium—will go on sale Friday, February 29, online only at www.yankees.com and www.yankeesbeisbol.com.
Beginning Monday, March 3, tickets may also be purchased at Yankee Stadium Advance Ticket Windows, at all area Ticketmaster outlets, via Ticketmaster by phone at (212) 307-1212 (or check local listing) and at all Yankees Clubhouse Shops.
Yankee Stadium Advance Ticket Windows are located outside Yankee Stadium between Gates 4 and 6. Beginning March 3, they will be open Monday through Saturday from 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. and Sundays from 10:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
The 26-time-World Champion New York Yankees will begin the 2008 season—the 106th in franchise history—at home on Monday, March 31 at 1:05 p.m. vs. the Toronto Blue Jays. This season will mark the 86th year since construction was completed on the original Stadium in 1923 and the 84th regular season of baseball played on its grounds. The Yankees’ 1974-75 regular seasons were played at Shea Stadium as Yankee Stadium was remodeled.
Premium Games Note: Due to an increase of Ticket License Deposits and sales of Full and Partial Ticket License Plans and 2008 Holiday Ticket Packs, there will be a very limited number of individual game tickets available for Premium Games. As a result, there will be a four-ticket limit, per person, per Premium Game. The term “Premium Games” is defined as the Opening Day game, the Old-Timers’ Day game, the final three (3) scheduled regular season games scheduled to be played at Yankee Stadium, and all games played against the following teams: (i) Boston Red Sox, and (ii) New York Mets. For full official rules regarding the purchase of Premium Games tickets, please visit www.yankees.com. In addition, there will be a 12-ticket limit, per person, per game for all other non-Premium Games.
TICKET INFORMATION FOR 2008: Advance individual-game tickets range in price from $14-$325. In 2008, the Yankees will renew at least nine individual-game discount programs.
· Verizon Family Games – On designated Monday through Thursday games in April, May and September, all Tier Reserved MVP tickets will be discounted to $26 and Tier Reserved tickets will be discounted to $19. Excludes all Premium Games. May be purchased in advance or on the day of game and are subject to availability.
· Fujifilm $5.00 Games – On select game dates, all Tier Box, Tier Reserved MVP, Tier Reserved and Bleachers tickets will be discounted to $5.
· Coca-Cola Value Pack Games – On select game dates, four Tier Box tickets, four Tier Reserved MVP tickets, four Tier Reserved tickets or four Bleachers tickets—as well as four hot dogs, four Coke products and one official Yankees Yearbook—will be available at discounted package prices.
· MasterCard Grand Slam Pack – On select game dates, four Tier Box tickets, four Tier Reserved MVP tickets, four Tier Reserved tickets or four Bleachers tickets—as well as four hot dogs, four nonalcoholic beverages and one official Yankees Yearbook—will be available at discounted package prices.
· Poland Spring Youth Games – All fans 14 and younger, when accompanied by an adult, can purchase half-price tickets for Saturday games (excluding Premium Games) in the following locations: Main Box, Loge Box, Main Reserved, Tier Box MVP, Tier Box, Tier Reserved MVP, Tier Reserved and Bleachers. Available only on the day of the game at Yankee Stadium and subject to availability.
· Senior Citizen Games – On select game dates, a limited number of Senior Citizen tickets (for those 60 and older) are available for $5. Available two hours prior to game time at Yankee Stadium Advance Ticket Windows only.
· Con Edison Tuesday Night Games – Every Tuesday night, all Tier Reserved MVP tickets are $26 and Tier Reserved tickets are $19. Excludes all Premium Games. May be purchased in advance or on the day of game and are subject to availability.
· Student Games – Any student who presents his or her valid high school or college ID card at the Advance Ticket Windows can purchase a half-price Tier Reserved MVP or Tier Reserved ticket to any Wednesday game (except Premium Games). Available only on the day of game at Yankee Stadium and subject to availability.
· Military Personnel may present their active military ID card at the Advance Ticket Windows prior to any Monday through Thursday game and receive one complimentary Tier Reserved MVP, Tier Reserved or Bleachers ticket, or one half-price ticket in the following locations: Main Box, Main Reserved, Loge Box, Tier Box MVP or Tier Box. Excludes all Premium Games. Available only on the day of game at Yankee Stadium and subject to availability.
Many of the 2008 ticket-discount programs may also be applied to group tickets (minimum: 20 tickets). Fans interested in group ticket information should call the Yankees Ticket Office at (718) 293-6000 or visit www.yankees.com. Please note that given the increased overall demand for tickets in 2008, group ticket availability and group ticket seating location availability will be limited for selected games.